- Floodplain mesocosms
- Greenhouse gases
- Master of Environmental sciences and Engineering; Title: Chromium (III) coordination capacity of chitosan.
- Bachelor of Environmental sciences
- Amphibian ecotoxicology and ecology
- Food web ecology and trophic interaction
- Aquatic ecotoxicology
- Mosquito control agent Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis
- Non-target organisms
- Since 2019: PhD student – University of Koblenz-Landau
- 2016 – 2019: M.Sc. Ecotoxicology University of Koblenz-Landau Thesis: “Lethal and sublethal effects of folpet and glyphosate formulations on juvenile European common frogs (Rana temporaria) at field relevant exposure levels”.
- 2012 –2016: B.Sc. Environmental Sciences – University of Koblenz-Landau Thesis: “Effects of TiO2 nanoparticles, UV light and natural organic matter on the acute toxicity of two different pesticides – A study with the test organism Daphnia magna.”
Publications and Presentations
- Lüderwald S, Meyer F, Gerstle V, Friedrichs L, Rolfing K, Bakanov N, Schulz R, Bundschuh M (2019): Reduction of pesticide toxicity under field relevant conditions? The interaction of titanium dioxide nanoparticles, UV, and NOM. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry.
- Gerstle V, Adams E, & Brühl CA (2019): Lethal and sublethal effects of viticultural pesticides (folpet and glyphosate) on juvenile Rana temporaria. 8th Young Environmental Scientists Meeting, Ghent, Belgium (Poster presentation).
- Plant-soil-microbe interactions
- Rhizosphere processes
- Carbon and Nitrogen cycling
- Chemical stressors
- October 2019: PhD student at the Department Geoecology and environmental chemistry, University of Koblenz-Landau within the project of SystemLink Topic: The impact of anthropogenic stressors on biogeochemical cycling at the root-microorganism-soil interface.
- 2016-2019: University of Koblenz-Landau Master: Ecotoxicology Thesis: Environmental parameters driving the functional response of soil microbiome in mulching systems based on substrate-induced respiration.
- 2012-2016: Fachhochschule Bingen, Bachelor environmental engineering Thesis: “Comparison of different procedures for the preparation of microplastic particles in freshwater samples “ at Federal institute of hydrology (BfG).
- Aquatic and terrestrial ecotoxicology
- Food web ecology and trophic interactions
- DNA Metabarcoding
- October 2019: Fast-track Ph.D. student in the SystemLink research training group and in the Ecosystem Analysis research group at the University of Koblenz-Landau.
- October 2018: M.Sc. in Ecotoxicology at the University of Koblenz-Landau.
- Sept. 2014 – April 2018: B.Sc. (Agricultural and Environmental Sciences) Honours Life Sciences and Wildlife Biology at McGill University in Montréal, Canada. (Thesis topic: Effects of jasmonate defences on caterpillar development under elevated carbon dioxide and varied nitrogen fertilization).
- Soil Physics
- Simulations of pore scale dynamics
- Reactive transport simulation
- Solute transport
- Lattice-Boltzmann Methods
- 2011-2017: Bachelor Petroleum Reservoir Engineering at Petroleum University of Technology (PUT), Ahwaz, Iran.
- 2017-2019: Master Petroleum Reservoir Engineering at Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran. Master Thesis: “Pore-Scale simulation of reactive transport using Lattice Boltzmann (LB) method “
- Analytical Chemistry
- Soil Chemistry
- Physical Chemstriy
- NMR Relaxometry
- Environmental Chemistry and Analytics
- Bachelor of Science (Chemsitry) at Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen.
- Master of Sciene (Chemistry) at Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen, Thesis at Karlsruher Instit für Technologie (Collaboration with Tübingen) : Synthesis of Nanoscopic materials via Supercritical Fluid Reactive Deposition and application in sensoric.
- Research assistant student in Prof. Udo Weimars Group at Eberhard Karls-Universität Tübingen (Research on Semi Conducting Metal Oxide Sensors).
- M. krebs, J. Jamin and L. Wesemann (2016): Reaction of an allylstannylene with adamantyl phosphaalkyne. Dalton transactions.
- Effects of anthropogenic stressors in aquatic ecosystems
- Riparian food webs (aquatic-terrestrial)
- Subsidy dynamics
- Bottom-up effects
- Insect communities
- Since 2019: Working group “Functional Aquatic Ecotoxicology”, University Koblenz-Landau.
- 2016 – 2019: Msc. Ecotoxicology, University Koblez-Landau, Topic master thesis: “Do juvenile common toads (Bufo bufo) behaviourally avoid pesticide-contaminated areas?”.
- 2012 – 2016: B. Sc. Biosciences, TU Kaiserslautern, Topic bachelor thesis: “Effects of respiratory chain mutations on petit- and ρ0-cells in Saccharomyces cerevisiae”.
Publications and Presentations contributions
- SETAC GLB Neustadt: Assessing the influence of microgram natural organic carbon levels on cationic polymer toxicity to algal growth.
- Spatial Ecology
- Environmental modeling
- MSc. Environmental Sciences. Thesis: Comparasion of spatial and non-spatial statistical modeling of pesticides in small streams.
- BSc Geography and Regional Planning.
- Aquatic-terrestrial linkages
- Food web ecology
- Impacts of (chemical) stressors on these processes
- Since 2019: PhD student at the iES Landau, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany.
- 2016-2019: M.Sc. (Ecotoxicology) at the iES Landau, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany. Thesis: Effects of heavy metals and temperature fluctuation on the development and emergence of Chironomus riparius in spiked-sediment bioassays.
- 2012-2016: B.Sc. (Env. Sci.) at the iES Landau, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany. Thesis: Implications of Thiaclopid on Gammarus fossarum: a 21-day study to determine the relevance of different exposure pathways.
Publications and Presentations
Englert, D., Zubrod, J. P., Pietz, S., Stefani, S., Krauss, M., Schulz, R., & Bundschuh, M. (2017). Relative importance of dietary uptake and waterborne exposure for a leaf-shredding amphipod exposed to thiacloprid-contaminated leaves. Scientific reports, 7(1), 16182.
“Effects of an antimicrobial mixture on the leaf-shredding amphipod Gammarus fossarum uder different exposure pathways” 8th Young Environmental Scientists Meeting, Ghent, Belgium, 2019.
“Transcending borders? Effects of heavy metals on the development and emergence of Chironomus riparius in spiked-sediment bioassays” SETAC Europe 30th Annual Meeting, SETAC SciCon, 2020.
Applied analytical chemistry
Aquatic insects as pesticide vectors in riparian ecosystems
2016-2018: Master of Science in Analytical Chemistry, University of Pretoria, ZA. Thesis: “A new sampling method for human skin volatile analysis by comprehensive gas chromatography and mass spectrometry”.
2015: Bachelor of Science Honours in Chemistry, University of Pretoria, ZA.
2012–2014: Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, University of Pretoria, ZA.
Publications and Presentations
Roodt AP, Naudé Y, Stoltz A, Rohwer E. Human skin volatiles: Passive sampling and GC × GC-ToFMS analysis as a tool to investigate the skin microbiome and interactions with anthropophilic mosquito disease vectors. J. Chromatogr. B 1097-1098 (2018) 83-93. DOI: 10.1016/j.jchromb.2018.09.002.
- Alexis P. Roodt, Yvette Naudé, Anton Stoltz, Egmont R. Rohwer, “A new method for sampling of volatile human skin chemicals in a malaria context for analysis by GC×GC-TOFMS”, The 2nd South African Malaria Research Conference 2016, 27-29 July 2016, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Alexis P. Roodt, Yvette Naudé, Anton Stoltz, Egmont R. Rohwer, “A new approach for the collection and comparison of volatile skin chemicals for analysis by GC×GC- ToFMS”, ISCC & GC×GC conference 2017, 14-19 May 2017, Fort Worth, USA.
Alexis P. Roodt, Yvette Naudé, Anton Stoltz, Egmont R. Rohwer, “A new methodology for passive sampling of human skin volatiles”, ChromSA Student Seminar, 8 September 2017, Pretoria, South Africa.
Alexis P. Roodt, Yvette Naudé, Anton Stoltz, Egmont R. Rohwer, “A new method for the collection and comparison of human skin volatile chemicals” ISSS conference 2017, 19-22 September 2017, Vienna, Austria.
Adaptation of natural populations to anthropogenic stress
- 2010 – 2017: Studies in Environmental Sciences, University of Koblenz-Landau.
- 2017: Master of Science, Thesis: “Does fungicide exposure alter interspecific relationships of aquatic leaf – decomposing fungi? A case study using modern biochemical tools”.
Publications and Presentations
- Theissinger K, Röder N, Allgeier S, Beermann AJ, Brühl CA, Friedrich A, Michiels S, Schwenk K: “Mosquito control actions affect chironomid diversity in temporary wetlands of the Upper Rhine Valley”, Molecular Ecology 28(18). DOI: 10.1111/mec.15214.
- Baudy P, Zubrod JP, Konschak M, Röder N, Baschien C, Feckler A, Schulz R, Bundschuh M: “A glance into the black box: Novel species-specific quantitative real-time PCR assays to disentangle aquatic hyphomycete community composition”, Fungal Ecology DOI: 10.1016/j.funeco.2019.08.002.
- Krell B, Röder N, Link M, Gergs R, Entling MH, Schäfer RB (2015): “Aquatic prey subsidies to riparian spiders in a stream with different land use types”, Limnologica 51(1–7). DOI: 10.1016/j.limno.2014.10.001.
- Röder N, Theissinger K, Allgeier S, Beermann AJ, Brühl CA, Friedrich A, Michiels S, Schwenk K (2019): „Metabarcoding enthüllt Effekte von Stechmückenbekämpfung auf Zuckmückengemeinschaften“, poster presentation at the SETAC GLB 24th Annual Meeting in Landau, Germany.
- Röder N, Baudy P, Zubrod JP, Englert D, Konschak M, Baschien C, Schulz R, Bundschuh M (2018): „Does fungicide exposure alter interspecific relationships of aquatic fungi during leaf-decomposition? – A case study using species-specific qPCR assays“, poster presentation at the SETAC Europe 28th Annual Meeting in Rome, Italy.
- Global change
- Invasivon ecology
- Conservation biology
- since Oct 2019: PhD Student in the Research Training Group SystemLink and in the group of Ecosystem Analysis at the University of Koblenz-Landau
- Oct 2015 – Mar 2019: Master of Science in Biological Sciences at the University of Konstanz and the Max Planck Institute of Animal Behavior in Radolfzell, Thesis: Analysis of causes of population change in Lake Constance breeding birds over four censuses
- Oct 2012 – Sep 2015: Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences at the University of Konstanz, Thesis: Exploring leaf and root trait relationships under varying environmental conditions